Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A stitch in time

So, I got my stitches out. It was time. Some of them were loosening and starting to poke out. I recently lost my GP due to some weirdness with him and the DEA. He closed his office a couple weeks ago. Bad timing. I had to go to the sad bad depressing community health center....which I'm sure serves an important function to a lot of people, but makes me choke up and miss my amazing, warm, and sweet GP every time I go there. Plus the nurse feels the need to lecture me about being overweight whenever I go there. Look, nurse. I'm sorry I haven't lost that thirty pounds since I was here a week ago. I've given birth to four kids. I know I'm packing a little extra. Fuck off.

Ahem. Back to the stitches. This is how they looked before we started. Not bad. My surgeon did a lovely blanket stitch.








 Here's a pile of what used to hold my head together. Pretty flimsy looking, once you see it out there.



Once the stitches were out, we could see that the bottom half of the incision was getting pretty infected. The lymph nodes on the back of my neck were getting swollen and hard too. I'm starting Keflex to try to get on top of the infection. My incisions always get infected, and it's a total bummer.


They put some steri-strips on the infected half. Probably because I have "I'M A SCAB PICKER" written all over me. Which, ashamedly, is true. I am trying to keep my grubby paws off of it though, since it leads directly to my brain. 


I sure wish I could see what the dura patch is looking like. I wonder how the healing is going in there. At least it's out of the danger of my sharp curious fingernails.


No comments:

Post a Comment